Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Samsung Launches Galaxy S5 Smartphone

Today, in looking at my news online, I found that Samsung recently released the Galaxy S5. The very first thought that came into my head when I saw the article was, "Really? Another updated phone?" If you think about it, if the Apple and Samsung continue to release newer and updated versions of their cellphones, there will be a point where there there is no possibility for improvement.

It makes me sad that every couple of months a new phone comes out, the last one forgotten and now simply an older one, and not as cool as the newest and flashiest one. One of my brother's friends gets every new updated iPhone, and is always one of the first ones in line to receive it. Sure, the advancement of technology will continue to improve and make changes over time, but this is simply teaching Americans a bad lesson, that you always have to have the newest and best version of something, and you can never really be happy with what you have. You always need more and more, and there is really no end to it. It's a vicious cycle.

Overall, although it is merely an article about an updated cellphone, I found that it encompasses a wide range of issues concerning these technology companies. I feel like this represents American ideals in that people are never truly thankful for what they have, and once they obtain one thing they go right on to the next thing without second thought, never truly being thankful for what they have.

No comments:

Post a Comment