Monday, April 21, 2014

Junior Theme

For my junior theme topic, I am exploring the widening gap between the rich and poor in the United States. This jumped out at me right away because I've always been interested to know just why the middle class in the United States is slowly disappearing, and what can be account for these changes over the years.
One extremely interesting quote in an article that I came across while researching was, "Inequality in several advanced economies, including the U.S., has returned to levels not seen since before the Great Depression" (Talley). This sole quote was one of the reasons I wanted to research this, as it is obvious the inequality is becoming a huge problem in America, even more of a concern than people think.

I'm hoping to fully explore the concept and gain as much information as I can, though without including too much information that isn't as important to the paper. Finding this balance is going to be hard but I'm looking forward to exploring this topic.



No comments:

Post a Comment